“Health”-ified Waldorf Salad
The first Waldorf Salad was created in 1896, at the Waldorf Astoria, in New York City. Now it is an American classic. You will love this healthy tweak to the original recipe.
- ½ cup chopped, slightly toasted walnuts
- ½ cup celery, sliced thinly
- ½ cup red seedless grapes, sliced (or ¼ cup raisins) (CORE PLAN ONLY)
- 1 granny smith apple, cored and chopped
- 3 tbsp full fat yogurt, organic
- 1 tbsp fresh lemon juice
- ¼ tsp sea salt
- ¼ tsp pepper (to taste)
- 1 bunch organic lettuce leaves
In a medium-sized bowl, whisk together the yogurt and the lemon juice.
Mix in the apple, celery, grapes (if using), and walnuts.
Serve on a lettuce leaves.